Welcome to Little Explorers Learning Academy, where we provide nurturing and faith-based childcare for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
We are excited to announce that we will be expanding to accept infants, waddlers and toddlers beginning August 1. Please give us a call for more information: (208) 981-0225. We are excited to be able to provide care for all young children in a family!
We understand that choosing the right childcare center is an important decision for your child’s growth and development. At Little Explorers, we strive to create a loving and supportive environment that fosters the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of each child in our care.
With over 30 years of combined experience, founders Shawna Disterhaupt and Jill Verburg strive to enhance play-based learning by creating environments in which rich play experiences are available.
We know parents put a lot of thought and care into choosing a childcare center for their child. Schedule a tour today to discover what Little Explorers Learning Academy is all about!
Uniquely Different Childcare
- Our staff is extensively background checked and are CPR and First Aid certified.
- We are a play-based preschool and believe most learning objectives can be accomplished through play.
- We believe in helping children and families build a strong, Christ-centered foundation that anchors all learning back to the God who created our world.
- We strongly support science, nature, art, music and movement, and literacy.
- We have a caring and dedicated staff who takes an interest in every child.
We believe that God has an active part of all aspects of our lives. Therefore, we lead all activities with this in mind.
We take time to connect with each of our students to build trust through patience, compassion, and consistency.
We believe in learning through play. The play-based approach involves both child-initiated and teacher-supported learning. Learn more about our “play-based” philosophy here.
We infuse quality into every aspect of our preschool. Every day we create an environment filled with love and warmth that focuses on your child’s social and emotional wellbeing.